At 92 years of age, Nancy still lives independently in her home in a small Alberta town (80 km from the closest city). She spends everyday tending to her garden and yard. Her daughter, Doreen, was not comfortable with her being at home by herself, especially since her mother would be out of sight when she is outdoors in her garden. Although there had been no accidents leading up to that point, as a preventative measure, Doreen began to look into installing a Liberty Alert Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) in Nancy’s home.
Through a referral, Doreen was able to get in touch with Brad Prince, Liberty’s Business Development Manager. Brad worked closely with Doreen in order to design the perfect safety net for her mother, which included the following:
- Liberty Alert PERS System
- GE Simon XTi Base Station with 2-Way Voice
- Water-resistant medical alert panic button that can be worn as a pendant, watch, belt clip or mounted on the wall
- A system that is monitored professionally, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
The installation of the Liberty Alert system resulted in many benefits for Nancy and Doreen:
- Pendant functionality allows Nancy to wear it around her neck and have access to it 24/7
- Ability to notify monitoring station and emergency services at any time with the press of a button
- Panel speaker allows for live interaction between monitoring station and Nancy
- Up to 70 feet range signal between the pendant and panel
- Security for Doreen knowing Nancy is monitored 24/7
THE SYSTEM IN USE
Earlier this year, Nancy climbed on a bench to trim some trees in her yard. Losing her balance, she fell to the ground and re-injured her previously broken wrist. Shaken up, Nancy decided to try and walk to the house. Struggling, she decided to push the button on her medical pendant. The monitoring station immediately contacted her via the panel speaker and the ambulance was dispatched.
While the ambulance made its way from a neighbouring town to come to Nancy’s aid, Liberty contacted Doreen to inform her of her Mom’s situation. Doreen reported that her mother, Nancy, was “happy that [the pendant] worked and that [the ambulance was] on their way to get [her]”. Nancy is now back at home, healthy and very active as usual. The Liberty Alert system allowed Nancy to get prompt care in a bad situation, allowing her to heal up quickly and return home, where she is most happy. And when people are happy, they are much more likely to stay healthy.
“I’m very impressed with [the system]. I have security knowing that she’s okay and [if] anything happens, I know help will be on the way. All seniors should take advantage of this fantastic security option. Thank you Liberty Security.” – Doreen
Find out how Liberty can help protect your loved ones by contacting Brad Prince at 780-231-6373 or [email protected]
Written by Mimi Ngo